Monday, June 3, 2013

And the journey continues...

In 12 days, I will be flying to Baltimore for a week of appointments at Johns Hopkins Hospital. During this week, I will see a cardiologist, geneticist, gastroenterologist,  orthopedist, and allergist. What a week it will be!

I definitely have mixed emotions about this trip. I'm a little nervous, as I always am with new hospitals and doctors, but not as much as most people would be because this is all so routine to me. So routine, in fact, that just any one thing being slightly different than other hospital will thrill me. As I always say, I want answers.

I don't even care so much where these answers lead me, but that they lead me somewhere. Somewhere in a new direction. Towards an understanding, peace, and new perspective. I  feel like things have come together so nicely for this trip, that God definitely has His hand in it, as I believe He has had in my entire journey the last 19 years. So this trip begins a new journey...

A physical journey, no doubt, as Johns Hopkins is 543 miles from my comfy bed, where I sit right now. But more than that, this is an emotional and spiritual journey. I don't know in what ways yet, but that's the thing about these types of things, you never really know. You just experience, you feel, and then you react.

I hope I experience a new perspective at this hospital. I hope I feel God's presence throughout this journey. I hope I react with peace, patience, understanding, and faith in the one who holds my future.

Here I come, Baltimore. I'm ready, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment