Saturday, June 15, 2013

From 30,000 feet above

Here I sit, writing a blog post from 30,000 feet in the air. 

After the ascension of the plane, (and after mom finally let go of my hand) I was overcome with awe at what a wonderful world God has created. I'm also amazed by the intelligence God has given humans and the abilities we have to create new technologies. How else could I be looking out above the clouds right now? 

Although things are calm right now, they certainly weren't a few hours ago. Daddy drove us to Louisville at 4:30 am. We arrived at the airport and said a prayer together before going in. Dad waved us off, but stayed with us through text message directions. (It's as if he thought we didn't know what we were doing!) We made it through security, but I was stopped and searched because clearly I was hiding a knife or bomb in my knee brace. 

Once we made it to our gate, we discovered our flight had been delayed due to maintenance issues. Comforting right? The flight was then canceled three minutes later. After standing in line for fifteen minutes, witnessing some VERY rude people take their canceled flight out on the gate attendants, and calling a service number, we found a new flight. 

While most people would be upset about a canceled flight, I was ecstatic to find out that our new flight first would go to Detroit, meaning that I get to add a new state to my list! Mom and I have decided to look on the bright side this week because we are good friends with Murphy and know that what can go wrong will. 

So as for now, I will enjoy my flight and my time with my momma. I am at peace as I look out my window, take pictures of the beautiful clouds, and feel God's presence all around me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment