Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Embracing angels

A lot of not so great things happened today.

I started the day off with terrible stomach pains.
My professor told me my writing assignment was unacceptable and I have to rewrite it.
My knee began hurting around 10 am and hasn't stopped yet... at 10 pm.
I forgot to do homework over spring break for Spanish class. (I would just like to take this moment to ask, WHO assigns homework over spring break...?)
I was exhausted all day despite the fact that I went to bed early last night.
I have been on an emotional roller coaster all week.

Bad day, right?

But you know what, some good things happened today too.

My stomach pains went away.
I get to rewrite my assignment for full credit.
Only one knee is hurting, not both.
I did an extra credit assignment last month in Spanish that will probably cover the missed homework.
I wasn't as tired as I would have been had I stayed up any later last night.
Some emotions are happy, some are sad, some are angry... But joys are so much sweeter after going through struggles.


Sometimes it's all in the perspective you have in life. Sort of like a glass half empty or half full metaphor, only not so cheesy and cliche.


As an added bonus, I made an A on my Biology test, had lunch with my sister and good friend, had another friend spend a few minutes listening to me and offered some encouraging words, and I explored a new restaurant with yet another friend who was able to lift my spirits.

Earlier today I was almost in tears over several of these unfortunate events, but God sprinkled some encouragement throughout my day as well. He has placed so many compassionate and loving people in my life to pick me up when I am down. A hug from Jesus would solve all my problems, ailments, and make me completely healthy and happy. But since I can't have a physical hug from Jesus just yet, He has placed some angels, my friends, in my life to hold me over until I get to meet Him face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment