Sunday, March 17, 2013

Life Without Limits

Let me tell you about the most inspirational person I know. Okay, I don't know him... But if he ever speaks on this side of the globe, I think I will find a way to that place. Nick Vujicic. Many of you may know him as the man with no arms and legs, but he is so much more than that.


This man is a follower of Christ, loves people, and uses his extraordinary story to share hope, courage, and God's love with people all over the world. I am currently reading Nick's first book, "Life Without Limits". Although I have not even finished the book yet, I have found so much inspiration from this amazing man. Not only has he accomplished so many things people would say are impossible for a man with no limbs, but he has become a spokesperson about living despite your struggles.

Of course as someone who suffers from various medical conditions, I always love hearing stories from others who fight their own medical battles. People often tell me that when they have a bad day, they just think of what I have to go through. While I feel great that my problems assist in keeping things in perspective for others, I don't feel like I have it that bad. Neither does Nick Vujicic. He doesn't even give you the chance to feel sorry for him because I bet he could kick a lot of people's butts in soccer or swimming. I know he could mine.

So no matter what struggles we face, we can overcome them. We can find a way to do things we never thought possible. We can learn to embrace our differences and our challenges and use them as a way to reach others and spread hope and courage.

I don't feel my story is nearly as inspirational as Nick's, but who knows, maybe someday I will have the opportunity to inspire somebody the way that Nick Vujicic has inspired me.


No comments:

Post a Comment