Monday, October 8, 2012

Gotta get down on...MONDAY

As I sit in my room winding down from this interesting Monday, I am thankful, I am relieved, buy mostly I am just tired.

I awoke peacefully this morning from my blaring alarm radio. I looked at my phone to turn my other alarms off and to my horror, the time was 8:30 am. This meant three things: 1- I should have gotten up nine alarms ago at 7:45. 2 - I needed to leave in fifteen minutes and run across campus to be on time to class. And 3 - It was going to be a BAD day. Thankfully, I checked my email before leaving the house because my one and only class of the day was cancelled. What a relief that was, especially since I found out through email and not by showing up to an empty classroom. Shew, first crisis of the day avoided. Of course with this discovery of class being cancelled, I celebrated like any good college student would and crawled back into bed until 10 am. It's amazing to me how I can sleep for hours upon hours and never feel any less fatigued or exhausted. Comes with the conditions, I suppose. Regardless of how I feel after, I am always grateful for more sleep, even if it is only ten minutes in a car or in my foreign culture and civilization class. (Yeah, yeah, I know.)

After I finally awoke from my beauty sleep, I was off to my usual Monday activities: making a poster for the Latino Street Fair, lunch with a new friend, teaching geometry to my darling students, Bible study with my girls, spending time with someone who makes me smile, decorating pumpkins with 20 middle schoolers, and finally writing a midterm report in Spanish. You know, the usual stuff. All of this added up to one crazy wonderful day. Through each phase of my day came a little stress due to running late, being ill prepared, or just being tired, but looking back I see a day full of memories.

Have you ever thought about that? Everything you do has the potential to be something you remember forever. When I wake up, I don't usually think about what affect that day could have on the rest of my life. I don't usually say "I hope a make a lifelong memory today." It just happens. 

So today Monday happened. Just like it does every week. But today I loved a little, I laughed a lot, and I made some memories.

Go and make a memory tomorrow.


No, this giraffe brushing it's teeth has nothing to do with my post, but I like giraffes with good hygiene.

Happy Monday, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment