Sunday, October 7, 2012

The days that don't hurt

Most often, I am in continual pain throughout the day. I hurt when I walk. I hurt when I stand. I hurt when I sit. I hurt when I lay down. I just hurt. All. the. time. But every once in awhile, I have a day where I feel 'normal'. I have an amazing day where I don't hurt as badly. I have a day when I don't feel sick. I love those days.

While a lot of people would be bitter about only feeling good sometimes, I try to be grateful. I thank God for the days that I don't feel sick. I laugh, I dance, I sing, I love, I enjoy the day. The fact that they are few and far between only makes me appreciate them that much more.

Yesterday was a good day. I helped my mom clean our house. I even volunteered to clean the toilet - that's how good I felt. I made around six dozen homemade cookies for our church's annual cookout and hayride. Cooking and cleaning...what a day right? But for me it was wonderful because anything I can do without pain, even cleaning toilets, is something to be thankful for.

Even more fun than scrubbing toilets is Christian fellowship. Which is exactly what I had last night at our church bonfire and hayride. I enjoyed my night of petting horses, drinking hot chocolate by the fire, and of course the chilly but fun hayride. Being around my Christian friends and family makes me forget about whatever pains I have.


I feel happy.
I feel blessed.
Because I am.




 




No comments:

Post a Comment